Chanter, c'est prier deux fois
Participating in a choir offers many advantages:
- First, to discover through an activity - singing - the fraternity that can exist in your parish. By acting together, we often learn to know and appreciate one another thus experiencing community spirit .
- Singing also means giving oneself the opportunity to better understand the meaning, the rhythm, the beauty of the liturgy. By participating in the choir, I give myself the opportunity to better understand and live my faith.
- Singing is also a way of praying: it opens, for those who sing as well as those who listen, a space where God can pray in us, in a unique way.
Below is a list of choirs associated with the parishes of Granby. Do not hesitate to come and try!
« Lumière des Nations » Choir
The "Lumière des Nations" choir is a multicultural group of amateur singers.
It is a mixed choir with a dozen chorus singers.
To be part of the group, no musical knowledge is required.
Our choir is much more than an association, it is a rewarding social activity.
We have weekly rehearsals under the guidance of our singing instructor.
In addition to Christian masses, we also sing at weddings, birthdays or any other event for a small fee.
Romain Amla: 450 - 776 0054
The choir of Notre-Dame sings mostly at the 11 am Sunday Mass at the St-Eugène Church.
- Practices: Thursday nights, 7 pm - at 97 rue Laval Sud
- Interested? Contact Nicole Perron, choir director 450 – 372 2196
We are always looking for good musicians, do not hesitate to contact us!
Contact et information:
- Chorale St-Luc : Marthe Lapierre au 450 - 994 56 90
- Chorale Ste-Famille : Réal Côté au 450 - 378 58 22
Contact Serge Poulin at the parish office for more information
Saint Patrick's Church